Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Miles2 SCSI questions..

I find it interesting that slowing sync rates supposedly helped this issue.

I have not duplicated this "write-thru" problem on any machine here, and every machine we have upstairs is running a Miles2 with Cheetahs and an XLR8 CarrierZIF 500. These machines are all S900's and 9600's.

Downstairs, we have a B&W, a beige G3, a variety of Power Computing machines, a pair of 7500's and a Moto Starmax 5k. Most are running XLR8 400Mhz to 500MHz G3's, with the beige running the new Velocity dual-G4 500MHz.

I had a conversation with Jack Kolk regarding this issue last Friday. I will be talking to Dave Reynolds sometime later today to confirm and flesh out the details, and I will then post the latest info I have access to regarding this issue.

Needing to enable write-thru is only necessary with dual Miles2 or dual UL3D, at least in a vintage Mac. I don't believe we have documented a case where write-thru must be enabled with single Miles2 or UL3D except for possibly some audio/video card situations. k

Right Kaye, that's it.
    In the mean time I hoped Bob from Initio would have responded to the other thread, as time passes, it's getting pretty offtopic and not very much clearer...

Ain't that the truth, Ton. I just noticed a post by Bob, but not mention of the problem.