Thread: Forget the G3.... I got a G4 upgrade....

Well, I was going all out looking for a cheap G3 system, the cheapest was a 233Mhz Rev. A w/ 4GB hard drive and 64MB RAM. I wanted to run OSX. Well, that'll have to wait. I got a Powerlogix 450Mhz/1MB G4 card which was suprisingly cheap, and it should arrive tomorrow. Any notes on installation of this card?

I just put a powerlogix G3/500 1 mb L2 in my 8500. It was wonderfully simple and the only problem I had was finding the reset button on my mother board (I wasnt wearing my glasses). In my case, and I dont know what machine you are running, but if it is like mine, you also need to make sure you remove the cache stick from the mother board. I had to reopen mine and do it because I didnt take it out the first time I had it open. On my 8500 the cache card is the only short stick located in between the A3 and A4 RAM slots. but again I dont know what machine you are running. This was otherwise a 5 minute operation. Hope that helps

I removed the L2 cache (in a Powermac 8600/200) had lots of troubles, and narrowed it down to 4k refresh RAM I had, so I only have 48MB now, the only 2k RAM I had. So I am ordering two 128MB EDO DIMMs this weekend, and then I can play Unreal Tournament.