Thread: Safari Doesn't open to Home Screen

Rolleyes Safari Doesn't open to Home Screen

After restoring iMac from Time Machine Safari opens to "Search or enter a website Name" instead of loading the HOMEPAGE site in preferences.
    Can I restore Safari from an earlier Time Machine backup?...I still am contending with the previously posted issue with Security Update 2019-006 10.13.6 ["MacOS could not be installed on your computer, couldn't mount disk Quit installer to restart your computer and try again"] attempted three days ago and on restart finder froze with NO ICONS. The reason for restoring from Time Machine.

Ok, I just have to ask, to be clear I understand. In Safari preferences, under general, there's the "line #4" that has Homepage. Does it list your desired home page there?

Apple hides Safari preference folder in your User Library. They also hide the Library. To see it and check dates and even use Time Machine to replace it, go to a Finder window. Select your User Home Directory. Then select the Go menu in the menu bar. Hit the Option key and the Library will show up there. Select it and go to Safari Preferences and the Safari folder.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 9.17.49 PM.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  20.6 KB
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Arrow yeungfeng

That's Correct. IN Safari Preferences, General, the homepage has the site I want to open when I open Safari (The Same as before I restored from Time Machine) I entered the website again in search and after it loaded went into preferences and selected "current page", closed preferences , opened preferences checked homepage (#4) closed out of preferences & closed Safari. When I open Safari it still opened with no home page, however, after that I let the window stay open while I went to take a leak and it had loaded when I came back....Still slow to load.

I will look at Ricks suggestion in the morning..After one am here and I'm tired.

Thanks to BOTH.

Lightbulb Just a Thought

This morning Safari loads homepage in "seconds" (So, do other searches). No concrete and technical reasoning, but, considering Safari would not load the page but when I came back from the "leak" homepage was "slow to load", I'm beginning to believe the homepage not loading when opening Safari was my impatience and a lag in ISP connection speed.
    (Could it be so? For weeks now I've been privy to good connection speeds and didn't take the time to condsider the issue was not internal)

["But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience." Romans 8:25]

I know what you are talking about with the "slow to load" issue. Restarting the modem can correct the issue sometimes.

Just recently I was having that problem and almost pulled out the last remaining hair I had. I did a restart of the modem and the Mac, neither helped. Seems the ISP was down, first time the ISP crashed for me. It took 45 minutes for them to answer my call, but in the end it was fixed in a timely fashion.