Thread: On Going problem with 2016-006 10.13.6 Security Update for close to a month Confused

Confused On Going problem with 2016-006 10.13.6 Security Update for close to a month Confused

I have a MacBook Mid 2010 and an iMac 21.5 Late 2012 both OS 10.13.6. The Security Update 2019-006 10.13.6 installed without issue on the MacBook Mid 2010 first try downloaded from app store . The iMac 21.5 Late 2012 is troublesome: After the Security Update 2019-006 10.13.6 failed twice to install from app store, I downloaded it from the above link. [I started in Recover and installed new OS between the the app store downloads and the download from the above Link (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2023?locale=en_CA)] I get a message "[MacOS could not be installed on your computer, couldn't mount disk Quit installer to restart your computer and try again"] after both app store downloads and downloading from the link above. Still would not install so I attempted to install in "safe mode" On restart for installation received the "MacOS could not........" I restored the iMac from Time Machine to the week before the first attempted install....As soon as I download and restart same message. I did notice during the install the "progress bar indicated full progression" and there appears to be no progress, then, after 4-5 minutes get a message "Restart to complete installation". I read on Apple Communities might try downloading and installing OS 10.13.6 Combo to and start with a FRESH OS. (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1970?...K&locale=zh_HK)
    I am hesitant to download it. Although the language tab indicates "english" some of the information appears to be in one of the "Oriental" languages.

I did uninstall all 3rd party applications and preferences from libraries after restore from Time Machine, SO, Could I be facing a erase and clean install? Any other input or suggestions welcome!

Name:  #1 MacOS High Sierra.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  16.8 KBName:  #2 Download 2019-006 Update.jpg
Size:  10.2 KBName:  #3 Could Not Mount disk.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  8.7 KBName:  #4 Progress Bar loads immediately.jpg
Size:  14.2 KBName:  #5 MacOS 10.13 Combo.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  11.5 KB

Small comfort, but you are not the only one. Apple did security updates to all their supported operating systems. And there is a furor on the boards about problems caused by the latest. I'm still going back and forth trying to repair issues caused by the 10.14.6 update, that I got rid of when I went back to 10.14.nada. It has not been pleasant.

Not sure what to advise you do at this point.I haven't reached many conclusions myself and I'm running a later OS than you are.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Arrow Thanks Ricks

Thank you for info: I've stayed with High Sierra for a couple of 32 bit apps but moved to MacBook when I uninstall all 3rd party applications and preferences. This morning app store showing need to update again....selected "Remind Me tomorrow" and Put financial software back on and updated it so I can pay bills.
    Non sense to keep going in circles. Looks like "remind me tomorrow" will be a daily routine until hear there's a fix...

(BTW: iMac is faster on line with Chrome® and Firefox® uninstalled & all my favorites (bookmarks) moved to Safari as sole browser)

Good Evening People!!

I do believe you can turn off the annoyance in System Preferences. Go to System Preferences, the to the Software Update preference pane. Select Advanced and uncheck all the boxes - especially the first one: Automatically: Check for updates

You have to set your own clock to occasionally check for updates, but it beats hell out of Apple nagging you all the time.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Rolleyes Thanks

In High Sierra Had to go to Preferences, App Store and Updates....But haven't been bugged by it now a couple of days.