Thread: MacBook Mid 2010 Optical Drive Question

Cool MacBook Mid 2010 Optical Drive Question

I burned a Audio CD in iTunes earlier. It was a little slow to eject, but, when it did, A piece of material similar to "rubber band" was wrappped over the disk. Comparing the Optical drive slot it appears to be a wider slot..Some of you MacGurus tell me, Does seem that the "rubber band like" material was the around the slot? According to the iMac USB Superdrive I have a good burn, but don't want to insert another disc into the MacBook optical drive without someone more savvy than myself confirms.

Name:  IMG_1062.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  101.6 KB

Does look like a dust flap with that corner end on it. I'd toss a blank disk in and make another burn. You only risk making a coaster out of it.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Default YEP Optical OK

Did as Ricks suggested...(Not really disappointed I did not get a coaster) Works fine..
    Only difference I noted: When the disk is ejected good to have hand near or you have an IDENTIFIED flying object.