Thread: Burley Bay Enclosure Not Showing on "New" MacPro (2009)

Default Burley Bay Enclosure Not Showing on "New" MacPro (2009)

I purchased a refurbished 2009 MacPro recently to replace my previous MacPro. I switched out the board for my 4-bay Burley Enclosure from my old MacPro to my recent one. I am now not seeing my drives in the enclosure. Rebooted but didn't help. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Does your eSATA host card require a driver?
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Does your eSATA host card require a driver?
    Thanks! That is a good question. I don't recall. I purchases the bay drive & card from MacGurus. If so, is it possible to download the driver?

You need to know what card you have. Then I can answer that. Search your mail and we can proceed from there.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Or look in System Profiler and see what card is installed. Post the number here. Along with which Mac OS you are running.
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

Default Card Info

Or look in System Profiler and see what card is installed. Post the number here. Along with which Mac OS you are running.
    Thank you! Here is card info:

pci1095,3132:
    Type: Other Mass Storage Controller
    Driver Installed: No
    MSI: No
    Bus: PCI
    Slot: Slot-4
    Vendor ID: 0x1095
    Device ID: 0x3132
    Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1095
    Subsystem ID: 0x3132
    Revision ID: 0x0001
    Link Width: x1
    Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

Default Card Type w/OS Info

Hi. I forgot to include what OS I have. It is OS X 10.13.6, High Sierra. This is the card info:
    pci1095,3132:
    Type: Other Mass Storage Controller
    Driver Installed: No
    MSI: No
    Bus: PCI
    Slot: Slot-4
    Vendor ID: 0x1095
    Device ID: 0x3132
    Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1095
    Subsystem ID: 0x3132
    Revision ID: 0x0001
    Link Width: x1
    Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

Well, you will need a new card. That card is based on Silicon Image chipset. Silicon Image went away in 2008. Just luck that the latest driver, which I think was for Yosemite, worked up through Mavericks. After that, nada. And no new drivers will be written.

The later model Lycom 4 port card runs off of AHCI built in drivers. Makes it a very agnostic card as far as what operating system - everything uses AHCI drivers.

Rick

sorry I was gone today. On the road, all day.
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

Thank you for your help Rick. I have ordered a new card. Much appreciated.