Thread: File transfers Question?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Confused File transfers Question?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB OS 10.13.6 froze up while on line and couldn't log off the website so I left it and came back in morning (8 hours) and eventually shut down with power button and after would not load, Long story short had to erase and install using disc utiliy in recovery partition because all the disc images in he sidebar were grayed out. MY QUESTION: I have files I work on and move back and forth over the WiFi between iMac and MacBook. Both are running same OS. Before the erase/install when I moved them back and forth I received as message "A folder namedd XXXX XX XXX already exists in this location.Do you want to replace it with the one you're copying?" That message is not showing, the file transfers but with a suffix numbering the file (i.e. "Gluten Recipes" new file becomes "Gluten Recipes1"

Not related to the file transfer but also an issue since the crash. Mac Mail downloads messages much slower on the iMac compared to the MacBook. (Before the messages loaded about the same on both.) Emails I need to keep are exported to an email back up folder on a USB external hard drive attached to the iMac. Emails are left on the server on MacBook, but iMac is set to delete from the server after download. Both are set to delete mail trash when closing the application.

I am attaching screen shots of the Library Mail Folders, but I am not sure about deleting any files in them.
    Attached Images Attached Images