Thread: Calendar problems...

Default Calendar problems...

Hello all.

I use 'Calendar' often, but haven't done a separate archive for ages - I somehow assumed it would be backed-up as part of my weekly SuperDuper run.

Anyway, today Calendar failed - blank! All my old and new dates, gone.

So I tried booting from my back-up, but no difference - maybe yesterday's back-up actually backed up a duff version (unlucky).

Any ideas? Does the calendar data exist anywhere on the machine (except in the archived version which I didn't do?)

----

Tried a couple of things. I decided that my last archive of the Calendar, from December, would have to do, as I could probably remember most important dates, so I tried a restore. First couple of tries, no go. Came up 'restoring', but wouldn't go away (2 minutes). Third time, the 'restore' panel DID go away, saying all data had been restored, but the calendar when I looked was still empty!

If I have got a duff version of Calendar, is there any way of replacing it without reloading el Capitan completely?

Ta

Allen
    Last edited by billybobski; 02-25-2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: more info.

Calendar data is stored in a Users Library. You can see your library by holding the Option key and clicking on the Finder 'Go to' under File.

You can also make Library visible, which is what I always do. In Terminal, Type:

chflags nohidden /Users/your username/Library

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thanks Rick.

Having located the data, can I put it back into Calendar?

A

All done.

I had turned off 'Calendar' in my iCloud settings. Dunno why, put it down to old age.

Not even sure why I've GOT iCloud activated in the first place. Put that down to old age, too.

Anyway, turning it back ON brought all my data back,

Thankfully...

Allen.

I do not allow iCloud access, ever. First I did it stole my address book. Turned it off, no more address book. Jumped through all their hoops to get it back. Never again. I sync my phone and my computer locally and never ever give iCloud access.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Certainly seems a good idea, as my Calendar wouldn't have disappeared.

But it does seem that having 'signed up' to it, changing things in the Preferences (i.e. unchecking Calendar) upsets the iCloud man no end.

So unless/until I change to a non-OS calendar program (I'm sure there are many) I'll just keep my fingers off it.

A