Thread: MacBook Shut Down

Confused MacBook Shut Down

I inserted USB drive into USB port...MacBook mid 2010 (OS10.11.6) immediately shut down. Nothing. Tried to "Reset" holding down power button. Won't come back up. Only thing working is green light on Power adapter cord at mag connection. No previous problems at all.
    If there is any positive side to this it would be it is used solely to record sermons at church and I back them up each Sunday to the Seagate External Hard
    drive across my WiFi network. Only reason I put the USB drive in was to take a copy of last Sunday Morning for a member in the Nursing Home.

Probably Gone???????

Try an SMC reset before you write it off. USB has a direct connection to literally everything, so a short cn cause literally anything to happen.

Here's the Apple page on SMC Resets.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Good luck!

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thumbs down Thanks

Printed out and followed "Step by Step"......So used to it being on the corner of my desk I think I will just let it set..
    I do have another Macbook Mid-2010 I can wipe all the "work Stuff" (I kept the files because I keep getting calls about "How doe you....?" then just send the old file with instructions.)

Thanks for the info Ricks.