Thread: upgraded to high sierra

Default upgraded to high sierra

thumbs up to high sierra. at first it seemed quite full of bugs. most of my applications were crashing every next minute. i upgraded them all as well. everything going too smooth now. while rest applications didn't affect me much, crashing of outlook was a mishap as i lost few emails. Ended up buying Mac outlook database recovery tool by Gladwev. It mended my corrupted mails. Now i am backing all my mails in outlook and mac mail through Mail backup X.

Have to say, this looks like a marketing post. By itself not a bad thing, but a general statement of all those horrible app problems without listing them makes this post almost completely useless. Personally, I have seen only a few app problems and no bugginess at all. So this whole thread strikes me as false. Love to hear more detail and prove me wrong.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Love to hear more detail and prove me wrong.

Rick
    Thanks for your response Rick.
    I had like to mention few points over here that made me suffer at those times:

1. My outlook failed to open. I had try somewhere around 30-40 minutes, but of no use. A sudden pop up came up saying your outlook version is 15.34, which is not supported for high sierra OS. I consulted one of my friends if i shall upgrade it to 16. he advised me not to as outlook crash might have corrupted my database. the only way left out was to recreate them(with the uncertainty of corruption) and extract them all safely to some external drive. I did the same with the tool named above and later did i upgraded my outlook. that worked. I had preferred being called over "genuinely cautious" than a useless buy. Mail Backup X is rather a precaution against further damages. hope you agree.

2. apart from outlook, i had crashes in Finder. I clicked on finder, it was not launching. I went to force quit, find out "finder not responding".

3. Every time the mouse was still usable, but the response was needing quite a lot of time and sometimes there was no response at all. I had some freezes where the system recovers after 10 minutes and sometimes i had to do a hard reboot.

4. lags in games like league of legends and counter strike Go existed for a longer time.

Thanks again for responding

regards
    Neville

I did about 6 or 7 computer upgrades to 10.13 myself. All of them went flawlessly. So far been very pleasantly surprised by performance on the machines. Once I finished application and hardware testing on my own workstation I upgraded every MacGurus computer to 10.13 so we all share common platform.

MacGurus gets a huge amount of feedback on new operating system updates from our customers. When Apple changes things enough to break a lot of hardware or software, we get a lot of calls. So far, 10.13 has been pretty quiet. Some USB3 issues. A few applications no longer supported.

Been years since I had any conversation about Outlook. I don't know a single person, offhand, using it. I can see where someone with a big mail database from Windows years could have a need, but pretty much everyone on this side of the pond, that I know, has run Apple Mail app for the last decade anyway. I am not in a position to comment on what an Outlook user might need as far as fixes.

Games are always impacted by literally anything. Especially network overhead and smooth processing of same. I noticed with 10.13 that each computer, depending on how many applications were installed and always running, took quite a long time to optimize the file system. Many hours. I didn't keep an eye on how active that process was, so may have even taken more than a day. Games are always bleeding edge graphics, processing and network dependent and may need some additional updates written by developers to maintain efficiency.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

thank you Ricks for paying time to my posts.
    Probably, I am not in the position of consulting other macgurus members, your presence is enough in itself. I just tried to explain the problem zi faced and How I came over it.
    thank you for understanding my point.

regards

Neville.

I'm glad you figured out fixes. The worst part of any crossover application is making sure the data base structure doesn't get corrupted by something the designed never considered when the built the thing for a different operating system. Once corrupted is usually always corrupted and very difficult to repair.

Thanks!

Rick
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin