Thread: Burly position/location

Default Burly position/location

Hi, I have a single Burly and need to relocate it as my desk is becoming a bit crowded. Main concern is not blocking the air flow / cooling.

Choices are:

1) Sandwiched between a two-tier shelf at the rear of my desk. The Burly will sit on the bottom shelf which is raised from the desk, and the top shelf will just clear the Burly height but the back and front will be open (desk is not up against a wall). There will be an audio speaker on the top shelf that is NOT magnetically-shielded.

2) On top of an audio amplifier that will never be turned on while using the Burly. I didn't know if there is any issue with having the Burly there for the times when the amp is turned on, even though the Burly will not be. However the air space is the best here, because it will be open all around the Burly.

Thank you!
    Last edited by macmac; 08-16-2016 at 08:43 AM.

As long as you have airflow it shouldn't matter. The amplifier won't hurt anything, the drives are inside a steel case. On a shelf is easy. Whatever makes your space work would be great.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I thought about chiming in earlier, but Ricks the Ruler, and he shows by his concise, accurate, knowledgable answer. Mostly. I mostly hate showing my ineptitude and wondered if the non-magnetically-shielded speaker might could cause some issues.

Thanks. I was concerned with any possible damage to either the Burly or the drive from the amp or speaker's magnetic field. (I remember how a cassette tape could be erased by sitting on an amp). I wish I had other options for placement with good airflow, but right now I don't.