Thread: Found something useful: Hard Disk Manager For Mac

Lightbulb Found something useful: Hard Disk Manager For Mac

We have not seen a new HD utility for Macs in many years that was actually worth buying. Many just repackage what is in Disk Utility....with no real/significant additions.

This one may change that: Hard Disk Manager For Mac.

Check out all the features. Many Mac pro users have these tools in other software.....but if I were looking for a one stop choice to clone, backup, resize, format, migrate.....this would be at the top of my list. Bonus stuff: Bootcamp resizing and migrating.

Have not tested it yet, but looks very promising!

UPDATE: Link fixed.
    Last edited by unclemac; 08-15-2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Doh!
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Not to be a stick in the mud, but, the link is not working. So I'll just wait for you to test it first and then post a new link. Oh maybe I'll just google it.

My bad....
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

So have you tried it out yet? The throngs of people are chanting "test it, test it, test it, test it, test it, test it". You can hear them, can't you. I suppose I shouldn't whine about the $40 price, but I will a little bit. Unless of course I hear what a great product it is . . .

I think Matt was just doing a tease.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Ohhh, and here I thought he was hard at testing that software. Guess he's hardly at it at all.

Well.....no test yet. Busy time at work, blah blah blah.

Do want to test it. Like all the features in one place, especially cloning BootCamp. AFAIK, was only one good, easy to use too previously: WinClone....which ain't cheap for a one trick pony.

I see that it has a wide array of licenses too.....need to check that out as well.

I own Winclone. (hey, I wrote a poem!) At least it works.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Question

Is the verdict in for "Hard Disk Manager for Mac"?
    Curious minds need to know or what to use thats just as good?

h

I have never tried it. I am old and curmudgeonly and stick with my stuffy ways from way back. I love testing new backup software, but disk tools seem to come and go and do so little.
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    I am old and curmudgeonly and stick with my stuffy ways from way back.
    Hey, I resemble that remark! Disk Setup/First Aid anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by M.Brane View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark! Disk Setup/First Aid anyone?
    Amazing.... how did we ever become the old guys?
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Amazing.... how did we ever become the old guys?
    Dumb luck?

One reason I still have a Snow Leopard system on all my Macs is the modern version of Disk Utility is fairly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Brane View Post
    Dumb luck?

One reason I still have a Snow Leopard system on all my Macs is the modern version of Disk Utility is fairly worthless.

Ain't that the truth. El Capitan doesn't really even have Disk Utility. Only a pale imitation pretender. I expect my work operating system to get better and more comprehensive over time. Apple has spent the last 8 years concentrating solely on flea market handheld shit.
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin