Thread: Running applications on top of live video stream

Default Running applications on top of live video stream

I work in a control room environment. I would like to have a fullscreen live video feed on my desktop. I would then like to run applications, such as camera and equipment controls, over this feed so I can see the apps running on top of the feed. Any suggestions?

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

You can maximize the video feed window and the use the dock to switch to a different app that is not maximized. The new app will appear in front of the video feed. If you wand access to your desktop icons that might be a bit tougher.
    Damien,

There have been a few tools like this floating around for years, but I not aware of a live feed option.

As cheap as monitors are....would it make sense to add another monitor for the dedicated feed?

Sound like you already have a system in place, but if the door is open, you need to check out Security Spy too. Powerful, feature rich, easy to use, great value.
    Last edited by unclemac; 02-11-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin