Thread: Error installing ANY OS on ANY Mac!

Default Error installing ANY OS on ANY Mac!

It's been a while since I posted in here, so you know that I've either got nothing to do or I've got a major problem on a Saturday night. As the former doesn't happen these days, it has to be the latter!
    "This copy of the Install OS X El Capitan/Yos/Mav application can't be verified..."
    This is the singularly most irritating thing that Apple has done in years... except maybe for taking the pi$$ over cables and chargers for iPhones etc!

It doesn't matter what I do with install dmgs I still get this ridiculous error on just about every Mac I use them for.
    I've downloaded fresh copies of all of the above OS's and no matter whether run immediately, installed on USB sticks or copied to brand new SSDs or hard drives it's the same story. Yes, I've played around with dates in terminal even though there's nothing wrong with the dates, being automatically set, and tried backdating to the date of the installer, or when it was installed... not that you can do that when you've only just downloaded it!

So, anyone got any answers for this that I haven't already tried or read elsewhere?

If I can get this solved I'm going to have to resort to cloning drives that are working, but that really is a last resort!
    The opposite of what you automatically assume to be the truth is the answer you're looking for!

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't answer the question. Everything is downloaded via App Store so should be verified automatically but that just doesn't work. All the info does on that link is tell you how to check the certificate, not what to do if verification fails after a legitimate download.
    Last edited by MacLoon; 04-17-2016 at 01:44 AM.
    The opposite of what you automatically assume to be the truth is the answer you're looking for!