Thread: USB 2 HUB vs A USB3 Hub do I need USB3

Default USB 2 HUB vs A USB3 Hub do I need USB3

Hello,

I've never changed my old Belkin USB2 Hub it works just fine. I don't push much through it 2 printers, I have a microphone headset I use at times. Charge phones, iPads, import photos and some other... for speed things seem fine or fast as I need still.

I was looking at a few USB3 Hubs 7 ports but they also had like two dedicated charging ports which I do use. Any real reasons to get a USB3 Hub?

I see a few prices under 40 bucks that look to be Mac compatible they are much more streamlined these days.

Any suggestions as to brand or what to look for or not look for? I don't want to spend money only to have my Belkin work better but just a tad slower.

Thanks,
    Randy

Went through a lot of hubs looking for ones that actually work right. And the couple over the last few years that worked aren't even sold any longer. So I don't know which of todays names to choose from. It was never so easy as saying 'brand x' always worked.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thumbs up Thanks

I don't really see that my need is that great. I can easily live with my current Hub. I don't run enough or anything that needs "fast speed" so I'm content to just use what's working.

There was a good review at The wire Cutter on this off name hub on Amazon. I'm not going to worry about a new hub I've decided there's no reason for me to.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FR795WA/...dc1cb39816d2_S

Default Belkin 7 port hub

I have had good luck with Belkin products... I need a 7 port Hub or just keep my 2.0 hub... I found these two on Belkin's site. The price is right and they are powered. http://www.belkin.com/us/Products/Ma...MACPCHUBS7PPH/

Appreciate the input..

That cheap Amazon goofy name brand sob died yesterday. Belkin has them at good prices... that's where I should of started.

Fated to be so.

Most USB stuff is crap. Cannot believe what passes for good these days.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin