Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 10.11 killed SuperDuper and TimeMachine

Writing zeroes is just erasing the drive and selecting one pass of zeroes under security options. Great test.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I know what you are talking about but do not see the "security option" in my 10.11.2 DU system -- did it change or go away? I have a 10.6 version I can boot to. No CD/DVD in this machine.

Okay, I get the Security Option select tab with all my drives except that stock 1TB 128SSD Fusion drive. Whats going on... I'll try it with 10.6 later. But it should be there in 10.11.2 - right?

A good Apple forum same topic... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7354591?tstart=0 there is talk through this.

You'd think so as long as you weren't booted to it....
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin