Thread: 10.11 the El Capitan broke my old macgurus email all send/receive

Rolleyes 10.11 the El Capitan broke my old macgurus email all send/receive

Hey guys,

Not enough time to explain then not much to explain. After install everything seemed fine except I no longer have any of my older macgurus's email sent out or received. It's just not there. I can send and receive email now with it... I just don't have my older mail. Some I need sorta. It's backed up so can boot to another drive and get needed mails. I think it might be a password issue... Rick if you read this send me my password.

Or any other first thoughts? I use it primarily with my family/friends so nothing major lost and it's working fine now... I just can't refer back to those emails.

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

what email client are you using?
    Damien,

Just stock Apple Mail. I think it may have failed the security certificate. It is functioning fine just did not have my older emails. If there is an easy fix I'll listen but 95 percent of it was nothing I need. I'll boot up and older disk and forward anything I needed to myself.

I'll pass this on to Laurie - that happened to hers as well. First time she rebuilt the mail database.

Issue the second time was friggin Apple auto turns on iCloud, which takes your mail and puts it on the cloud and disappears shit from your computer. Man that pisses me off!

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Default 10.11 No good with Draggon Dictaite

Have not have a chance to look for a patch/update on the site. Spending 3 hrs down, 1 hr up.

Did you try rebuilding your mailbox to fix your mail?
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Did you try rebuilding your mailbox to fix your mail?
    Not yet... I will post when I due. Thanks

Default A Rebuild fixed my Mail

Got all my email... scared me as it went blank before giving me 2200 emails. Thank you Rick/Laurie

friggin Apple auto turns on iCloud, which takes your mail and puts it on the cloud and disappears shit from your computer. Man that pisses me off!

Rick
    Settle down there ya old geezer. New technology... you have to embrace it! Live it, learn it, love it!

Say it with me.... Change is good, change is our friend.
    Damien,

Damien bein mean again
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

I had to unlock Disk Utility.

Damien bein mean again

It's what I do...
    Damien,

Yer just gathering up all sorts of bad mojo for when we get together and drink margaritas and make fun of Unclemac.
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

Salut!

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Yer just gathering up all sorts of bad mojo for when we get together and drink margaritas and make fun of Unclemac.

Margaritas are my friend....
    Damien,