Thread: Suggestions for an external 24" monitor

Question Suggestions for an external 24" monitor

Well, I think I might trade this 21.5 iMac 2.9GHz quad i5 in for a 13 inch MacBookPro maybe 15" but put 16GB RAM, faster processor and buy a big screen for home use.

I don't need an to go device often so grabbing a small laptop will be fine. I'm used to and like the small keyboard.

I figure a 24" monitor about 150 bucks will be just enough more to enjoy and use. No need for much more.

Any thoughts. I'll have to use an adapter for extra monitor so a TBolt to HDMI, VGA, what... any comments

Here was google's first few...

I don't remember when it started, but I was of the impression that ViewSonic was the cats meow. Maybe back in the late 80's. So over the years I have purchased that brand in various phases. I remember the 19" flatscreen monitors being several hundred dollars. For that price why don't I have a couple?

In fact I still use one of those set up on the other space, over ten years and no problems. So they are reliable.

In fact you can get a 27" for and extra $100. If nothing else check out their web site. I had no idea there were so many choices. It's better than, not having any choices, like in the before times. One model, that's it, take it or leave it.

Samsung all the way. They are rock solid.

Viewsonic has much better support and warranty servicing than Samsung ever will. Viewsonic being based on So Cal while Samsung being Korea.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

I have heard also that Viewsonic is the best. Apparently their color reproduction is number one in the industry. Graphic artists, TV/movie makers will often want them for this reason.
    Damien,