Thread: Insulin Pump Woes

Confused Insulin Pump Woes

Website for my wife's insulin pump upload for viewing by her doctor states system requirements: MAC OS 10.6.8 with Safari 6.1 or higher, and Java for 10.6 update 17...on my MacBook I have Safari 5.1.10. I have stayed with 10.6.8 to run apple works for maps where I work. I located the Java update and downloaded but I am coming to the conclusion that "Tech Support" lists a Safari version that is not available to 10.6.8.. Please, someone tell me I am wrong. This last time I used my iMac running 10.8.5 to upload, but, that is MIGHTY uncomfortable for her to sit in a dining chair in my office within bluetooth range of the pump and her blood sugar test meter that serves as a USB interface with the MAC. (The MacBook allows me to set it on her side table and her relax in her recliner) [May be time to update OS on MacBook and use old iBook G4 to run appleworks]

Thanks

Question wojo you need a download for Safari 6.1 - right? or not

Try looking into these Google links. One of the top 10 hits should have it... or I'd assume they would or should.

Default need 6.1

Yes. Thanks for the link. I will look!

Question Thanks for the Link

One of the links led to an apple forum: Safari 6 is part of Lion Mac OS 10.7.
    So be it. Also says I can purchase Lion or Mountain Lion for $19.99 or update to Mavericks free. Good bye Appleworks. Time to research application compatibility before I plunge into the "free offer".

I moved to Pages when the intel Mac's came out I think. I have a pages 08 on disk. I really like Pages/Numbers... I need to import word, Excel daily and they open, edit great in Pages and export as work or pre created forms, boxes I was happy. Numbers opens everything I need in Excel.

You'll get used to them fast.

He's right! I really, really hated to give up AppleWorks. BUT, you can open all the old files you've created with pages. I think the biggest bugger is you have to learn all over again how to create things.

But there will be two plus's by upgrading;

1. the upload for the insulin pump will work

2. you will exercise your brain, figuring out how to do stuff

Keep a backup copy of your old OS and all your stuff. Get a external drive and you can boot to it and still use your Appleworks. I did that, and actually don't really use it. I do have an old page layout program from the OS9 days that I still use for labels, but you can do those too with Pages. It's just easier for me to start the old QS and print them than to get it all setup just right.

Good Luck!

Question which version of pages

I updated OS to Lion. Pump upload working. Need help clarifying which version of Pages I need to download.

Probably anyone or current version. Check the App Store.

Thumbs up Thanks RWM

Only one I could find on apstore requirements: OS 10.10 Looks like more searching ahead.

again, Thanks to ALL for the help

I just checked eBay and saw plenty iWorks DVD installers it gives you Pages, Numbers, and a few others in one install.

Right here.

Cool Thanks

Found iWork 09 on Ebay….Will be here in a few days.

Thanks to ALL AGAIN For the advice