Thread: 9.2.2 for 867 DP MDD

Default 9.2.2 for 867 DP MDD

Hi there, I have great need of a disk image for the 9.2.2 install for the 867 DP MDD.
    One of my clients is running an old but very good drum scanner and the OS is giving problems.
    The difficulty is that they long ago lost the install CDs that came with it and as it's 9.2.2 min install and Mac specific I'm in a bit of a bind with it.

I know that I can take out the drive, stick it in an older Mac that will run 9.2.1, of which I have the generic version, and then update it to 9.2.2 and THEN swap out the BootRom file but it's less than ideal.
    So, my question is: does anyone have the CD for that Mac and if so would they be prepared to upload it for me?

Many thanks either way.
    The opposite of what you automatically assume to be the truth is the answer you're looking for!

Well, I did what I said I would do, installed 9.2.1 into a 533 G4, updated it to 9.2.2, swapped the MacOS Rom file and that all worked nicely, but it's a longwinded way of doing a clean install. So if anyone does have a 9.2.2 copy for this Mac I'd appreciate a copy of it sometime.
    The opposite of what you automatically assume to be the truth is the answer you're looking for!

Just saw this. May have one somewhere.....will post back if I can find it....
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Just so you knows I's paying attention. Looks like mine are older at 9.2 and 9.2.1.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I know I don't have a 9.2.2 here. Or sure can't remember one. It's getting dated and MDD was last to boot into 9.x as I remember.

A .dmg would be great.

Haven't been checking in, just seeing this now.

I should have these -- I had to buy the CDs way back when I eBayed an MDD.

May take some digging for the actual CDs, but I'm pretty sure I made disk images of them. If I recall, there's a "invisible" disk image on one of the CDs which contains the OS 9 System Folder and additional folders. That's really all that's needed, although as you mentioned you can probably cherry pick some files to get an MDD to boot, e.g. System File, etc.

Let me know if you need it. I'll be able to take a look tomorrow.

Just checking back in. I found the CDs, and located the OS 9 .dmg. The full OS 9 dmg is 370 MB, I opened it and the System Folder alone is 215 MB.

For a bit of nostalgia the Applications folder contains Netscape Communicator and Earthlink!!!

Some of the system files are showing up as Unix executables in Yosemite, like the ones that are most likely MDD specific, e.g. System, System Resources, Mac OS ROM. In that case I'd probably fire up the MDD to get and zip those files or the System Folder.

Let me know if you still need any of this: the MDD system files, System Folder, or the full dmg.