Thread: Thunderbolt monitor

Default Thunderbolt monitor

My neighbor was asking me what a 999 dollar TB Monitor would do or look like off his new Mac mini. He's cheap I can't see him doing this but he was semi serious.

I told him he'd of been better off putting 16GB RAM and a Fusion or SSD into the new Mac mini.

I said I really don't think for his/my type of computer use... email, internet surfing, he does watch/stream some TV via Hulu, youtube video etc. I said it'd be clearer but enough to even notice?

He does nothing that requires fast moving screens such as a big 3D gaming or such.

So is that right or not. What would a Thunderbolt monitor do for a casual user.

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

well it's a....

firewire hub
    USB hub
    Not just a network hub but a whole 'nother network
    Audio port
    mic port
    thunderbolt repeater
    has an iSight
    has a large and fantastic screen

and most importantly it is overflowing with concentrated smug.

If he uses any of this it might be worth it.

I use all of these things and to put together all the separate pieces to get all this done would have cost more $ and been a lessor screen when I bought mine
    Damien,

When ever I start thinking about a Mac Mini and a TB display . . . . . I think 27" iMac. Refurbished of course.

It also has a built in mag safe charger for a MBP. Great all around.....but a mini user would likely get no great benefit other than the great display.

I would vote for any 27" iMac, especially a last year close out or refurb. I see a 27" refurb for $1489 right now.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin