Thread: Epson 4990 Scanner

Confused Epson 4990 Scanner

I loaded the driver for Maverick 10.9.4 and the Mac Preferences recognizes it. However it does not appear in the Photoshop Import selections. I have Photoshop CS5.

Anthony

I have not found the source for the plugins that allow scanners back into Photoshop menus. Been since Snow Leopard last time I had one that worked. I also would like to know where they are, if they are, why they aren't.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Photoshop should automatically detect any TWAIN scanner after the drivers are installed. If it isn't working, try installing the drivers again. Also be sure to download the most recent drivers from Epson. My V600 is recognized and I never installed any software for it. File /Import / EPSON PERFECTION V600

This link may be of help if your scanner isn't 64 bit supported

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/...p-cs4-cs5.html

Problem is, at least in the case of Epson, they do not offer ANY Mac OS drivers on their site. All driver support for Macs is through Apple's Software Update.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Problem is, at least in the case of Epson, they do not offer ANY Mac OS drivers on their site. All driver support for Macs is through Apple's Software Update.

Rick
    O really? They seem to have a download online for my scanner.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...tform=OSF_M_X9

Interesting. Here's what I get for one of the many printers and multis we have here. All of them are the same.

Workforce 600 drivers

Stylus Photo 1800

Rick
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

May have to go with a third party driver/software tool.....Espon (and so many others) don't like the build new drivers for old devices. They prefer you buy a new one.

If there is no other option, check out VueScan.

Apple does have some manual third party downloads, but you have to dig. Here is their list of drivers that should come down auotmatically.

This might be useful.

You might see if this helps first.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin