Thread: Blank Screen

Default Blank Screen

Hi Guys,
    Today, my computer turns on, mouse emits red light when raised, seems everything is working nine but no screen. Is that possible? I checked all connections but nothing happens. Any way to trouble shoot? Or, just replace the video card.
    Thanks

What computer - G4? no chime?

PRAM reset?

If a powerPC machine try booting to opren firmware by holding the Command+Option+O+F keys.

You will have to tell me more or post this on your old thread if it relates.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Hi Ricks,
    Thanks. Its an xserve. No chime. All lights are on including drives and the red light in the mouse. I can hear all fan working.

G4, G5, or intel?

The PPCs have a separate video card, so yes, it could be that. If so, you should be able to remote into it…if you ever had it setup that way. Any idea if the services are working (file sharing, etc).

You can shut it down and reseat the video card, or try moving it to the second PCI slot too.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin