Thread: trouble unloading data from gizmos

Confused trouble unloading data from gizmos

Hi folks,
    I have a PowerBookG4, osx, 10.5.8. I am having trouble dnloading data from both my camera and Tascam recorder. Basically, no icon shows up. Is it hiding somewhere? Just got this laptop used and really appreciate any pointers.

thanks!
    Jessie

Welcome to MacGurus!

Surely someone can help here. I will put in a bit and then someone else will come along (right! someone?) and shed more light on the subject.

As I remember from days of yon, you might need to have a camera that actually is Mac compatible. What is the brand of Camera. Does the company have a web site for downloading "older" software that will support OS 10.5.8? Do you have iLife, or iPhoto on your computer?

That said, there is a reason that people get new computers. Like say, to keep current on their software. And you are stuck in the old computer arena. Don't know if it's something that can be overcome in this instant. But then Someone, might chime in and solve your issue. Stay tuned, and good luck!

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Do you have a known good USB device that you also know works with OS X? YOu can test the USB bus that way

Not sure what a Tascam is but most cameras use a memory card of some sort and nearly all card readers work with any Mac and they're really cheap
    Damien,

Hi Friends,
    I am slow in thanking you for your kind help about donloading my camera to my old mac laptop...but Thank You!

Hey, I finally went to the Canon site and amazingly, found instructions there for downloading photos to my mac version. wow!

thanks again,
    Jessie