Thread: Changing Primary Group

Default Changing Primary Group

Hi there,

I'm looking to change the primary group of my user, but I'm having issues. I managed to set the primary group through System Preferences --> Users and Groups, and confirmed the desired group is the first listed from the groups command. However, when I create a file the group still shows staff... any ideas?

Thanks,

Hmm, I didn't know you could even make an Admin user not primarily a member of staff. Interesting. Others with more knowledge of users and groups will have to answer this one.

And welcome to MacGurus Tech Forums!

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thanks for the reply Rick. I believe my issue is resolved - or at least it isn't an issue anymore. For whatever reason, creating files within my home directory "/Users//" results in the groupname of the file to always be staff. However, if I create a file on a mounted NFS share, the groupname of the file will be the desired group... I dont know why this is but the whole reason I wanted to change my primary group was because I wanted a different groupname for the files I create on an NFS share so I'm happy.

Thanks,