Thread: Seagate 6TB and Burly?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Seagate 6TB and Burly?

Hello Gurus:

My clients are expecting me to have insane amounts of data at my fingertips. I'm eyeing the expensive new 6TB drives from Seagate.

First question: there seems to be some confusion about the screws. Can these be mounted in a Burly tray?

Second question: I cannot figure out the difference between the expensive and the super-expensive models. Rick, are you guys going to carry these sometime in the future?

Thanks!

Nathaniel Reichman
    Supervising Producer Ė Re-recording Mixer
    Rhumba Recorders/Murmur Music

So far they have been hard to get from distribution. But I suppose Iíll have to bite the bullet and get going on them. Not much doubt they are the next step. I donít expect problems with them in SATA enclosures.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

From what John, our buyer, says: only the 6TB Enterprise drive has been at all available. The pricing on the Enterprise model will give you a nose bleed.

Supposed to be desktop versions as well. But so far none in distribution.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin