Thread: MacBook Track Pad

Unhappy MacBook Track Pad

While still under apple care the track pad was "repaired" at the apple store twice because it would only work in the left 1/2 of the pad. The past few days I have an issue where when I try to "select" it does not work; other times it like the "tap' to click is turned on. Also occasionally the curser does not move with the track pad. USB Mouse works great but I've become addicted to the "scroll" option. Each time I was told the track pad screw needed adjustment. Is this something that I might be able to adjust? Any one have a link to instructions?

Thanks.

Hey -

My hunch would be it is not a setting, it is hardware. To be safe, one could trash the touch pad preference, or perhaps reinstall the OS to totally rule out software.

But if it is hardware, you need to be sure to get it resolved under AppleCare. Overall, I see have seen very few hardware problems with the modern trackpads....but hardware is hardware.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

if you are no longer under warranty and want to try it yourself you might have a look at this
    Damien,

Cool Resolved

I had to to Little Rock on company business yesterday so I took the Macbook by Apple Store and they ran diagnostic software and hardware. Everything including Track pad checked"OK". Slow to boot so the guy powered it back down and reset the PRAM. No appointment; waited about 50 minutes, but, good news NO CHARGE.

Thanks Uncle Mac and Damien.

So......PRAM reset worked?

Cool. Should have suggested that. PRAM and SMC resets, never hurt...good to rule out. Glad you got it sorted.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

So......PRAM reset worked?
    That's what I wondered and just figured yes.