Thread: Bad RAM in my old Core2Duo

Default Bad RAM in my old Core2Duo

I sold my old 2.66GHz Core2Duo to my brother for his daughter about a year and half ago. After startup there is constant beep, beep, beep I have not heard it yet they just told me. It had a 2GB Guru's stick and original 1GB from Apple until about 3 to 4 months ago I replaced the 1GB Apple with Guru's.

Assuming it's a RAM issue... What first suggestions do you have when they bring it to me - or what to do first?

I figure trying booting to a CD/DVD and try a RAM test or check.

Assuming it is a RAM start pulling, swapping RAM sticks and see if I can find a bad one. I have the 2 Apple 1GB modules.

Yup,

Reseat, restart test.

Pull one, restart

swap to the other, restart.

It will show up.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thumbs up That was it. Thanks

Sweet, the second swap or pull found it. Took longer to take the screw out.

So I tossed a stock 1GB back in and it's running with 3GB again. It feels okay or I could use it it's not all that slow. Then again I did not push it much. Have not tried intense internet but just opening windows, folders and such it's still a good machine. Nephew will be very happy or pumped he probably thought it was dead.