Thread: Small fan Burly replacement question:

Question Small fan Burly replacement question:

Which is the right fan to buy on the MacGurus website to replace the small one at the back of each bay inside a 4-bay Burly enclosure? The third one down stopped spinning.

(and for other readers out there, this Burly enclosure was purchased in the Dark Ages and has been run nearly continuously for years without problems!)

Best way is to swap out the bays themselves. If your Burly has standard drive bays, the one with the silver handle and amber and green lights, then this is the part you want to swap in. If you have the LCD screen then this is the part.

Nice thing with this method is you get totally new connection to your drives as well. Bad part is it costs more than a fan, but I have never had a source for a fan that had the right connectors on the short wires.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thumbs up

Thanks Rick!

Replaced the big back fan on the top (finally), and the bay. Everything is quiet and fast. Thanks again.

Cool and Quiet. Heaven.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin