Thread: Should this wire be plugged in somewhere?

Default Should this wire be plugged in somewhere?

Hi. I need to know if this wire got disconnected and should be plugged in, or if it's normal to be stray.

I was replacing my hard drive in the first bay (Mac Pro 2008) and while the slot was empty, I dusted below it.

Afterwards, I noticed this stray wire. I wash't dusting so hard to have pulled out a wire, since only the cloth would have barely if at all touched it, so I'm thinking it might be fore a second optical drive??

Anyway, I want to check with you because I don't want to do damage to the Mac by not having this plugged in if it should be.

Thank you for your help!

probably either bluetooth or airport wire. I either isnít installed then you know what it would go to.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thanks Rick. Good to know what it was, in case it belonged to the front fan or something that might affect the computer.