Thread: 2009 iMac/2013 iMac Speed Tests

Default 2009 iMac/2013 iMac Speed Tests

Hi guys,

I received my new iMac yesterday!

Just completed the migration and the first thing I did was a speed test. My heart dropped into my stomach when I ran the first test. The iMac has a 1TB SSD.

Here are the results. I did a 1GB; 4GB & 5GB comparison. I'm posting screen shots of the 1GB & 5GB comparisons.

Now to become familiar with 10.9.1
    Rick, I can't wait to see what your MacPro is capable of!!!

Cheers!
    MsNikon
    Last edited by ricks; 01-10-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Those are .... ummm, great.

hehe.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

BTW< a screenshot should be in .png. It should show up full size.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I am not able to upload. I created new, larger, .png files in Photoshop and when trying to upload got this: HostGator.com Error 500 Internal Server Error.
    Can I email you jpeg + .png files and can you add them to my initial post? No hurry.

Thanks!

your text list is just as good. Let me see if I can post anything ...
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

It appears I can. So yeah, I can add them.

R
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

That's a priceless photo, must have been a memorable day!

Thanks for adding the images to my post...perhaps the text was better, as it was easier to read

Good kid... better'n his old man deserves. A fun pic of fun times. Gotta love the old airplanes, that's for sure.

I prolly shouldn't a replaced the text with the screenshots. Oh well. Point is, 100 MB/sec versus 700. BIG difference. However, flash boot drive means more on boot times than work flow unless you figure a way to harness the speed for your data files.

Rick
    Last edited by ricks; 01-10-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin