Thread: FCPX 10.0 not exporting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default FCPX 10.0 not exporting

Ok so after upgrading to mavericks on my macbook and imac none of my projects will export when I try to share. I click the share button an essentially noting happens.

Did a little searching and found out about a new feature called app nap added to the mavericks os however the suggestion was to turn that off which was already done. no bueno.

Does anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it?

Any suggestions would be awesome I'm at the edge of my knowledge base.

The problem with these OS upgrades now is they make it harder to do a truly clean install- which I think gives the new OS and major apps a better chance of running as well as possible...

Plus, Diskwarrior finds and fixes a lot of problems after upgrading from say Snow Leopard to any of the Lions/Mavericks on my system anyway. And that's after a clean install on a zeroed-out drive too..

...which is my roundabout way of saying, I would try running Diskwarrior against your installation or try a clean install on zeroed drive or both..

Or, you could try trashing FCP prefs- that might be the simple fix..

Another thing you could try is a re-boot in "safe boot mode". Restart with the shift key held down after the gong.

That will run the repair function of Disk Utility during the boot process. Sometimes that can help- from past experience my sense is it has a better effect than running Disk Utility from a second drive..

Diskwarrior

Thanks for the insight. I'll look into it and post and update.