Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flash Player goofed up - need help

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

You might try trashing your adobe receipt file for flash then reinstalling the latest version…
    Damien,

Thumbs down Damn, need to fix this. - no time now but soon

My bank even wants it. Chrome worked.

Funny, Sunday I noticed if I let the live football scoring just sit there... it starts working.

Woah.....Flash 8? Dude, it goest to 11 now.

Good write up here. Good stuff here to manually clean out plugins.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

I've installed ver. 11 at least 11 times. Diffetrent installers to insure it was not a corrupted file they were all from Adobe's site.

Default Flash Player

Odd...

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...yer_11_osx.dmg

That's a "privileged" link I got from av MVP member at Adobe. It's the one I use when I'm uninstalling and reinstalling to test for errors.

I will usually recommend someone Spotlight search Flash Player.plugin and trash everything. Then dump the entire Macromedia folder from Application Support/Adobe in your Mac HD Library.

After that, a "clean install" works 99% of the time.

Default I never got back to this but it's fixed

While using Google Chrome 2 days ago I was prompted to update Adobe Flash Player… it was a 12.xx version. While my earlier issues with Flash and Safari were with 11.x.x I thought hum….

So I installed the Adobe Flash update. Then jumped into Safari… thinking it might have fixed my unknown error.

It did. I still like Safari over Chrome maybe it's just being more familiar but I do prefer it. Makes me mad I never figured the problem out.

MMOnline - I never did give it a good 2nd try and toss all of Flash files and reinstall - that really should have worked.

Thumbs down Darn

Maybe I've spoke too soon.

Wow, Flash is up to 12 now.

Wonder what is up with your baby? Never seen it such a hassle to run a Flash update.

Though unlikely….I wonder if you might have a hacked version that is not letting itself get updated?

At a loss to explain what else would prevent the simple update.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Default I think it's working

I spent a decent amount of time in Safari this weekend to know it works. My football scoring and banking were the 2 big ones and they both work.

I'm assuming if the bank says I'm good and let's me in ... I probably am. It was a definate no go before in 11.xxx

I still get a rare prompt that says needs updating... it's usually a vidio clip but it just continues to load and plays or a reload fixes it.

Be careful with any site that prompts you to update. Never use any provided link.

The easiest way these days is open System Prefs/Flash and check the updater to verify your version and see if there is a legit update. There is a preference to check automatically now (since some time in v. 11….) and you will get a prompt directly from Adobe, not from a site you visit. Should make for easier sledding.

Unhappy This still stumps me.

I've been running Mavericks the past few weeks without issues. I was really hoping it might fix Safari to read Flash.

But I've done everything I can try to fix this Safari/Flash Player conflict that exists only in my user account.

MMOnline - you gave what sounded like perfect idea yet it failed me. I keep going back to this... the only thought was did I miss anything. I have no Maromedia folder. Am I looking in the right spots. this just has frustrated me...
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOnline
    Odd...

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...yer_11_osx.dmg

That's a "privileged" link I got from av MVP member at Adobe. It's the one I use when I'm uninstalling and reinstalling to test for errors.

I will usually recommend someone Spotlight search Flash Player.plugin and trash everything. Then dump the entire Macromedia folder from Application Support/Adobe in your Mac HD Library.

I'm going to give this another fight...
    After that, a "clean install" works 99% of the time.
    Am I trashing the right

Talking Success fixed, finally over a silly unchecked security setting box

Decided to research again on Apple's site for a way or a fix to get my computer to recognize that "Adobe Flash Player" was installed or how to do it.

On the Apple site someone suggested to check security settings and make sure Allow Plug-ins was checked I checked and mine was not. So I changed my setting. Reinstalled "Adobe Flash Player" and now it works This has been a long time. I had an gut feeling it was something really simple.

Happy Camper. So damn easy.

Woo hoo. Finally.

Nice to make that go away.

R
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Boy it's great to figure it out, ain't it? Sad part is how long it had to take. Even with the help of some of most brilliant minds in the universe. I might exaggerate some, here. But now there is precedent for all future flash problems, check out the plug-in's. Just another one of those "Gosh that was pretty easy, wonder why it took me so long?" One of my mantra's.

Way to go!