Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flash Player goofed up - need help

Default Flash Player goofed up - need help

I updated my Adobe Flash Player as I was prompted to several times last week so I updated to version 11 or 11.something.

Over the weekend I'm still getting the messages. Checked a few things without luck. After first reinstall some items played some won't. So I uninstalled and verified then that most any video clip said update... So I downloaded a new .dmg then installed. Said... Successful but they all did. I'm still getting the update messages or prompts.

I logged in to the "original admin user" it's virgin and went to same lightning/fishing video on yahoo and it worked fine.

So how to repair my active users. OSX 10.8.5

Arrow Safari issue

When I open the same pages in my other two browsers and test they were just fine.. I only tested Chrome and Firefox but on same video clips.

Down to Safari... Dump it. I need to clean house anyway. I'll just create another main browser that also in time to will get corrupted and have more useless bookmarks than good ones.

Thoughts?

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

I use a Safari extension called ClickToFlash and I set it to make all flash into HTML5 if possible. Most can be. HTML5 is not nearly as big a resource hog as flash. It might fix this
    Damien,

If I'm having some issue with Safari I will select Safari go down to Reset Safari. You loose all the past history on it, but it works most of the time for me. Might be worth a try.

Thumbs up Thanks, forgot about reset. - looks fixed

If I'm having some issue with Safari I will select Safari go down to Reset Safari. You loose all the past history on it, but it works most of the time for me. Might be worth a try.
    Worked

I made it specific... not enough. I'm sure it's all in website data or images

I was not man enough to attempt Damien's suggestion today.

Maybe I spoke to soon... my lightning / fishing clip works see below but no go on my CBS Sportsline page that simulates a play by play... on a football field using lines to show yardage gained and score board with down and yards.. no window display.

The clip here would not work all day - until the reset.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...-strikes-boat/

Now it's all working. I'll be gone most of tomorrow but will keep watching it.

I did use click-to-flash for a while and it work just fine. When I did an upgrade (and I can't remember which one, OS or Safari) click-to-flash went all goofy on me so I deleted it. I might give it another try.

Default Nothing's changed... same issues still

So everything is fine except the Safari browser in my main user. How do I toss something "old I assume" in that Safari browser to get it going?

Can I reinstall Safari? Would it change anything?

This started last week. It's pissing me off and I've not had time. Now I feel crappy. - Whining

Got a new wheelchair Tuesday and had dentist appointment today. In a month I'll enjoy this new chair but right now I'm adjusting not so good... a sore lil puppy. Moving muscles that been sitting one way for nearly 6 years... sitting at everything that was made for my last chair. Like working my computer, the sink, tables, I'm knocking my towels over every time I come out of the bath room as my feet/toes stick out a few more inches. It will be better.

Going to the dentist always sucks, well unless you are in big pain (been there, done that), then it doesn't. Sorry life if piling on right now.

Sounds like it might be something in the library, maybe a preference file. And with that territory I become totally lacking in knowledge. But I think you can trash them, but as to what and where I'm clueless.

Maybe someone with brains will know.

Sounds like it might be something in the library, maybe a preference file. And with that territory I become totally lacking in knowledge. But I think you can trash them, but as to what and where I'm clueless.
    I think so. Something I can often figure out with time. Been to busy... so simple but frustrating.

It really pissed me off when I tried to send an ecard today... update flash player... Well it previewed fine in Crome.

After Damien's done smiting Rick and Uncle enjoying poking fun from the sidelines... I'm hoping one of them will help the brainless end of the Guru' Mods.

Question Migration Assistant

Can I pull the "good users" info into my account with Migration Assistant? Will it rewrite what's screwed up? I can grab my data files from another drive easy if lost or overwritten.

If you have the right stuff you could make a extra backup of your HD and give it try and see what happens. Seems like that would do the trick and if it didn't you can go back and after pulling out much hair, muttering words that can't totally convey your true feelings, you can start from the beginning, again.

I've tried everything...

I've uninstalled both Adobe Flash and Safari... a few times.
    Manually removed and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player

I've read a lot at Apple forums and general internet info.

Created a new user and tried to pull everything except "apps" via Migration Assistant. I did this wrong I believe as my new user had nothing in it.

I have this Flash player problem with one user only and only the Safari browser.

I'm going to fix it.

How can I start over or get rid of and reinstall the flash player?

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Does the Adobe installer have an uninstall option?
    Damien,

It's a separate down load. There's not one included with installer than I see. I've really worked on this today.

I also have to ask... I created a new user. I thought Migration Assistant could pull everything but my applications off a FW backup and I'd use the "new user" but after 30 minutes of data transferring... I had nothing.

I had to have done it wrong... I've been reading all over and not sure.

I'm beat now... I'll be around later. I never had an issue that seemed so easy but I'm confused.

When you get time, can you recap Randy? Sorry, I'm lost. What problem are you working on?
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

I'll write up a good recap up when I have more time and hip's not so sore. I work in 10 minutes stretches. Today I'll use Chrome today to watch football scores.

I accidentally let SuperDuper over write my older good partition.

Default Flash Player

Quote Originally Posted by rwm View Post
    ...Well it previewed fine in Crome.
    Chrome has its own proprietary Flash Player plugin, called "PepperFlash". Adobe gives Google the code, and they make a "Chrome only" version. It runs, enables and updates independently of the other Plugin.
    THAT'S why Chrome will work with Flash when others won't (or vice versa).

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

That's an article I penned for the Adobe Flash Player FAQs under my pseudonym there.

Unless you're seeing a "Blocked Plugin" error out of Safari (which Chris Campbell of Adobe has informed me they will address in the next update - early November), those steps should fix your Flash Player issues.

Default Thanks, that should work... but did not earlier.

Everything works fine with any browser even Safari if not logged into "my user" I use. I have a older backup with a good working "my user" no glitch. I did run through the process you've linked to. I was going to give it another try and then...

I'll get more info out to you guys soon I hope. I'm tied up this week with a transition. Not a fun thing. up and down, check this, check that body gets tired and sore with change - damn... it's been hard to spend much time on it. edit - transition = new wheelchair Been sitting in the same one over 5 years crazy what and how minor changes affect me.

I will be back... Thank you all.

Here's what I get... for error's
    Last edited by rwm; 10-22-2013 at 02:28 PM.