Thread: eMac down

Default eMac down

Got an error message that said" catalog B-tree error" can't repair disc on install disc Disk Utility. Is it gone?
    posecap

You might want to include more information about what you were doing at the time.

It sounds to me like you were trying to do a disk repair on your install disk. Which can't be done.

If booted to your install disk, and that Disk is the same OS as the one on the hard drive** and Disk Utility says it cannot complete a repair about your only option is to use a more powerful repair utility - like Disk Warrior. Costs money, but if you don't have a backup then that is your only recourse.

**if you upgraded the OS on the computer then the version of Disk Utility on the DVD may not be able to repair a newer OS

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Ricks is right it only makes sense to try Disk Warrior. Could he boot off an external drive to the eMac, with a OS on it. I sorta remember going down this road once and the end was not so good. It was the hard drive. A transition period, a new beginning. Good Luck!