Thread: Blank Screen When Mac Pro Boots Up

Default Blank Screen When Mac Pro Boots Up

Hi. I powered up my Mac Pro 1,1 running 10.7.5 last night and all I was getting was a blank screen. So I rebooted to my external backup drive. I tried repairing the internal drive via disk utility and it tells me that the drive is fine. But I still can't rebook using my internal hard drive. I'm thinking I would erase my internal hard drive and then clone my external backup drive onto it. What do you think?

That can work. So too is the possibility of downloading and applying the 10.7.5 Combo Updater. That can replace whatever critical file is corrupted.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

ricks: that's an even better idea. Thanks.

Thumbs up It can work

Quote Originally Posted by ricks
    .... downloading and applying the 10.7.5 Combo Updater. ....
    Try that first, run the updater. It's a simple and really sweet fit if it works. Easy and fast to do. Should be harmless..

And don't forget that with 10.7 and up you can start holding down the Command + R (For Recovery) keys, and have the option to restore (reinstall) the complete OS, while leaving all of the user data and applications in place.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Default Combo Updater

The combo updater worked!!! Thanks again guys for your help.

Now THAT is cool.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin