Thread: About my iBook G3/300

Default About my iBook G3/300

Hello

I have a Apple iBook G3/300 (Original/Clamshell) year 1999, UV9371LAH78.

Where are the sound card in my ibook and where do I connect on the board sound card to ad a digital output to this sound card ?

Thank you

Bye

Gaetan

The iBook, if I am not mistaken, is pretty much all built using ASICs. Pretty much combine most of the functions into just a few chips. There is n such thing as a 'sound card'. Instead there is an output on a chip and then maybe a separate circuit to amplify it.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Hello

I have the US-Mac-9.2.2 OS

I have try the M-Audio Transit usb sound card, I used the M-Audio mac driver but my iBook G3 did freeze.

I want to use my iBook G3 as a music server with an external DA converter, because that laptop do not heat and seem to last forever.

Btw, how much years a iBook G3 can last ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

If you use a USB sound device it will be digital. Solves that problem.

A Mac lasts until it doesn't. No way to know. Usually batteries and power cord are the first thing to die. The LCD connection through the hinge is also a weak point in all laptops. No way of predicting when something will fail.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin