Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: User Account Password Not Working after using Migration Assistant

Default Getting it Done Slowly

unclemac & ricks: You've pulled me out of another one. With the PPC in Target Disk Mode I am moving all my files from the PPC to the MP using ChronoSync. I've been at it all day and so far so good. Slow going. I have not yet moved over my home folder en masse. I'm first moving all of my RAW image files off the PPC since they are the most important cargo (it's backed up anyway).

The password problem was never solved, but at this point I don't really care. It reminds me of a 3 Stooges skit where Curley's or Larry's leg is in pain, so Mo hits him in the head to forget the pain in his leg.

I'll work on the password problem after I'm safely tucked into my Mac Pro.

WOOP WOOP WOOP! Hey Mo!!! I'm trying to think, but nothin's happenin'!!

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Default "Successful"

I seem to have successfully migrated everything necessary from my old Power PC to my current Mac Pro. I've held onto the bootable drive from my PPC on a external partitioned HD. On that HD I also have the bootable drive for my MP. I thought I would give myself a month or so to continue until I completely delete the PPC bootable drive. Thanks for the help.

But something weird just happened. Since it is only tangentially related to this thread I am going to start a new one entitled "Forced ReBoot".