Thread: windows laptop (Dell)

Default windows laptop (Dell)

just bought my first one.....couldn't justify Apple's prices....we'll see how it works out
    Tom Babb

Warning -
    BRAIN SHRINKAGE ALERT
    Last edited by rwm; 03-19-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: opps
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Good Luck

Seriously though, the higher end stuff isn't bad, but about the same cost as a comparable Mac. My wife has a nice 15" i5 Dell from work, and it is fast and appears well built. Running Win 7 with 4 GB and a Samsung SSD. Zero performance issues.

My only 4 real hardware gripes:

• Track pad is too small, not nearly as smooth or useful as any recent Mac portable

• Cooling fan goes off and on. And off. And on. And on, and on, and on. Macs ramp up down smoothly. Irritating once you get used to "better".

• No backlit keyboard. Another little thing that is hard to go back to once used to a current Mac.

• Power brick is big, heavy, and gangly.

Didnt buy it, but I would estimate it was within $100-$300 of the cost of a 15" MBP when new. Not their low end fair.

Then there is the OS, security mumbo jumbo, etc. But we know about that, don't we?
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Default I'm ready to crack it over my numbskull

and Rick don't expect orders anytime soon!
    Tom Babb

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Hey BabbKutz

You should try ordering from this place there's some good people over there. I hear they know a thing or two about PC's as well
    Damien,