Thread: RCA Video out ?

Default RCA Video out ?

I have a project that I need help with.

I have some animation I have created on my Mac(s). I need to make VHS tape copies of some of my stuff ( yes, VHS... it's going to South America).... Is there a way to get a composite video signal out of my Mac ? I have a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 and a Mac Mini G4.

In the past, I used an iBook with a mini DVI out converter that had a (yellow) RCA out & S-video out.....it worked like a charm !.... I no longer have a iBook and just can't figure out how to do this.... I bought a DVI to RGA converter and also a RGA to composite/ S-video adapter but when attached to either of my Mac's video cards, there is NO video coming out of the composite adapter. Through some research, I have found some comments that the video card must have the ability to do this.....

Any suggestions anyone ? Thanks

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

If this is a one time deal I suggest you check the DVD players in your home for composite out and if you have one then burn a DVD and then play it in the DVD player with composite out connected to your input on the VHS and record it that way. For a one time deal even if you went to goodwill and bought a DVD with composite out it would likely be cheaper than getting composite out direct from the Mac.
    Damien,

Thanks.... fortunately or unfortunately, this is not a one time deal.

This is an ongoing project for my client. It is also not the type of animation that can be burned to a DVD. It is a proprietary product in development and is very similar to an iTunes visualizer in nature ........ so, if anyone knows of a way to record the iTunes visualizer onto DVD, that theory may work....

If not, I need RCA or S-video out , period. Worse case is to buy a used iBook .... but that doesn't solve the problem long term....

That said, any ideas ?

Been kind of trolling around for ideas. I think you need something like one of these: Bi-Directional Converter
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I have one of their Analog to Digital converters, Grass Valley makes one that is Bi Directional as well.

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/advc110
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

I have something very similar to Grassvalley product. in my video rig..... doesn't work for this application either....it works to get VIDEO in and out of the mac but not the monitor feed.....I need to record exactly what's coming out of the video card ( monitor)....

I'm thinking I may have to go back to a used iBook - UGH