Thread: internal HDD sata recommendations please?

Default internal HDD sata recommendations please?

So what are the sata drives of choice these days cuz suddenly I am in the market.
    Thanks anyone
    Best,
    Steve z

These days you have exactly 2 choices:

Seagate or Western Digital.

This is because Seagate bought Samsung and Western Digital bought Hitachi drive divisions. Get the Seagate 7200.14. Great drive. Fastest drive made in this class.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

what if i dont care much about speed, just reliability?

why doesnt my log in here get me thru the shopping cart?

The forum predates, by a dozen years, the shopping cart application's existence. They are two separate entities. Only been the last couple of years that we had them on the same physical server even.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by stevez View Post
    what if i dont care much about speed, just reliability?
    I would and do choose the Seagate for everything. All our computers are running them.
    molṑn labe'
--Ben Franklin

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

I recommend the seagate as well. They are pretty much all I have ever used and I have had great service from them
    Damien,

I have 5 in use now all Seagate.

I generally order Seagate if I have the time. I don't like WD much - had so many go bad quickly - but then I've had a lot of Seagate replaced under warranty as well.
    Locally, if I have to pick up from PC World ... eeeeeyyyyyuuuuurrrgghhhhhh! ... then they usually only have WD in stock or, occasionally, some new drives from CnMemory... which I think are rebadged Barracudas. (Cn being the common abbreviation for China).
    It really does appear that there is no real choice any more... until the SSDs wipe the spinning disasters-in-waiting off the face of the planet.