Thread: Door Stops or what?

Default Door Stops or what?

I just got my "dear, very old, Mom" a refurbished iMac with the idea of her doing facetime with family members. While I use BackToMyMac to insure she can use the darn thing.

But here I am stuck with yet another G4 tower. Now I've got a QS server, 2 DAs, one with a Giga 1.6 dual, the other dual 533. And the monitors for each of them. Now what can you do with them? Donate them somewhere I guess. Anyone have a really great idea?

Lightbulb Boat anchor.

Easy to run the chain through the handles.

Dunno. Tech continues its march. There are small niches of folks using old machines because either:

- Machines are essentially free, and can still do the basics
    - They are running old software, and need the old OS/hardware to continue.

Someone will likely take the machines off your hands from one of these groups. Fun to keep them running, but without a purpose, hard to justify. I only have one old PPC (Cube) left, and there it sits....doing nothing.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Only 1? I've got a MacIICi and a Dual 1ghz QS in the closet all set up for just those times when I want something from the past. It's kinda silly but I've got every thing I've ever done on a mac in that closet and on my desk.

But the other ones are just the dead weight. RICK could you use them for anchors? Maybe I should just get a boat