Thread: Do I need more memory for Mountain Lion

Default Do I need more memory for Mountain Lion

When I switched from Mac Lion to ML it started behaving very abnormally. Applications became slow. When searched for the solution I got two fixes either to increase RAM or use a drive cleaner.

Which way to go?

When your computers running open and check this...

Look in Applications Folder --> open the Utility Folder --> open the Activity Monitor then click the System Memory in will display your used, active, inactive and remaining memory or RAM.

How much does your computer have now?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: depends on what you are doing, and how much RAM you have. I would say 4GB is the new minimum, and power users will want 8GB or more.

My iMac at home running 10.8 has 6GB, which seems very adequate for average use.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Thanks for reply.
    Yes, 4GB is the new minimum for ML machines but I already have 6GB of memory. So, I think there is no need to upgrade it. Let me see if some Mac cleaner can fix the issue.

So, are you out of RAM, or is the issue elsewhere?
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Yes, it works. This Mac cleaner regained me about 1GB of space and almost fixed the issue.

Although not exactly like my new Mac but much better than the slugging Mac. The application I used also shows the amount of space than can be cleared ,while scanning.

Here are the attachments of screenshots.