Thread: PLEASE HELP 2010 Macbook pro 13" Black Screen But Can See with flashlight PLEASE HELP

Default PLEASE HELP 2010 Macbook pro 13" Black Screen But Can See with flashlight PLEASE HELP

Hey Guys Im in need for Help I bought My Used MBP Mid 2010 13" It worked fine Closed my lid Charged it over night next Day My Screen was Black I have Done Everything Including ctrl option pr. Anyways I tried it all When I would start the computer its running keyboard lights up caps lock tuns green when I press it. I can Here the up volume down volume. Adjusted Brightness to Highest level. if I hold a flashlight to the screen I can see the background. WHen I hook it up to a external monitor Everything is fine. Took it to a mac store Mac Said Replace the LCD so I Bought a LCD. Installed it DId the same thing Black DIsplay but can see background with Flashlight. WHat ELse do I need to do What could be the problem Please Help Me

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

When you replaced the LCD did you also replace the backlight along with it? For whatever reason your backlight isn't coming on. Many times the LCD and the backlight are one unit sometimes they're separate units.
    Damien,

Its all one unit I don't know what else it could be I don't think its the logic board because My external monitor works

See if any of these Apple links have anything to offer. Or this one has 2 Apple thoughts.

If need... You can reset but you'd need or should have a backup first.

I'm not sure how long the search might last.

Do you get video out to an external monitor. Would help to rule out something other than the panel itself.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by unclemac View Post
    Do you get video out to an external monitor. Would help to rule out something other than the panel itself.
    Yeah he does, Unc
    Damien,

Sorry to come late to this particular party, but the problem may be related to the backlight plug that comes out of the hinge mechanism on the left side. The cable that powers the backlight plugs in just to the left of the hinge screws. If that hasn't been plugged in or isn't pushed all the way home - you may have to use tweezers or needle nosed pliers - then the backlight won't work.
    The backlight is built into all LCDs so unless it's the wrong LCD for the Macbook Pro - and there are a number of different ones - then I can't see it being any other issue.
    I've probably replaced a dozen LCDs this year and on one occasion I had no backlight... I just hadn't got the plug in properly.