Thread: Pro Tools 10 keyboard shortcut problem.

Default Pro Tools 10 keyboard shortcut problem.

I recently updated to Pro Tools v10.3 from v10.0

The keyboard shortcut to prime for Record or Playback works OK to prime the Transport, but when actioning the Spacebar to record or playback the primed state is cancelled and nothing happens.

If the Transport is primed with the keyboard and then clicked with the cursor to run, it runs fine!

If the Transport is primed with the cursor and then actioned to run with the Spacebar, the primed state is cancelled and nothing happens.

The cmd-spacebar shortcut to Record works fine.

Have I done something blindingly obviously stupid?
    "illegitimis non carborundum"

I posted here because I wondered if this was a Mac OS issue not one of Pro Tools. I did some troubleshooting and it's definitely a Pro Tools thing.

The upgrade to PT10.3 I did from v10.2, not v10.0 as I first said.

So I uninstalled v10.3 and and went back to v10.0; all worked as it should.

I moved up to v10.2 and again, all worked normally.

And again, with the v10.3.0 installed, the same problem.

Lastly, I'm back up to v10.3.28, the latest update, and the problem persists.

I guess I'll just rewind to v10.2 and hope that Avid come up with a fix!

wish I could help.. not a clue.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

np rick, I was just throwing it out in a vain hope that someone might have a clue!

But! While I have your attention...

Here I sit in the UK wishing I could justify getting a Burly....

With the demise of my G5 and the introduction of my MacMini, the problem of fan noise in my recording space has gone away. But the Mini only has one HDD, and I have put one of my 1TB Barracudas in a cheap and cheerful enclosure to use as a recording drive. It works. But I am getting concerned about how warm it runs. Because it's a cheap and cheerful enclosure it does not report it's temperature, and it feels too warm.

The cheap and cheerful has no fan, and I like that from a muso's point of view, but I know that high temperature is no friend of a HDD.

How long a FW cable could I use with a Burly? I could put one in the closet I used to have the G5 in.

Maximum length for running a hard drive on Firewire is 15 foot.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin