Thread: it's just a phone

Confused it's just a phone

what's all the hoopla about? I mean they are saying it will add 1/2 point to GDP. I must be getting old. I better check my slambook, facebook page........
    Tom Babb

That ol' Steve Jobs magic still workin?
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

and a Mac is just another PC?

You guys settle down.. I don't want to have to make with the smiting
    Damien,

Let's see you take a $299 phone, sell 10,000,000 (10 Million, right, by the end of the year). Phone costs $207 to make that's $93 profit multiplied by 10,000,000 equal 930,000,000 (930 million dollars). Not sure about the GDP figures but that's just the first 4 months. That is almost a billion, I think. Seems like a lot of money to me.

I'm with ya D.

Come on guys! With the world today, I'm happy to see any financial success.

Bring on the hoopla!

I don't have one, nor am I upgrading any time soon, but still pretty damn cool, and nice the see the Apple boys staying out front. Call me crazy, but I am enjoying the hell out of the their big run. Business cycles being what they are, I am hoping for a few more good years.

BTW....for a look at the other side of the coin, have you seen the Win 8 reviews...and more importantly the public comments? Looks like a pretty high risk endeavor, and should it fail, MS could be going down a road that ends in GM's shoes as of a couple years ago. Dark days, needing a hail Mary.

So be happy for good news for Apple. Now that it is out of the way, bring on the Macs!
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Quote Originally Posted by yeungfeng View Post
    Let's see you take a $299 phone, sell 10,000,000 (10 Million, right, by the end of the year). Phone costs $207 to make that's $93 profit multiplied by 10,000,000 equal 930,000,000 (930 million dollars). Not sure about the GDP figures but that's just the first 4 months. That is almost a billion, I think. Seems like a lot of money to me.
    And that is just the phone. They sell AppleCare, Apps, cases, create demand for third party cases & accessories, plus drive a whole new market in the economy. Big money any way you slice it. iPhones sell Macs too.....

Before this release, iPhones were generating more $ than all of Microsoft. Just the phones, not iPads, Macs, iPods, etc. JUST THE PHONES are crushing MS. Crazy!

Ahhhh......I love this guy:

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin