Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mid-2010 Unibody Mac Mini 4,1 fan at maximum speed [broken heat sensor plug]

Follow up:

Macs Fan Control is now mature, runs great on both the Mac OS and Win (bootcamp side) and is still free. And, it supports EVERY model! Get it, use it, love it.

I use it on Macs that are under heavy load, so I can keep temps lower than default Apple settings....at the cost of a bit of fan noise.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

I have used it several times. Useful to have in your toolbox, just in case. Thanks for mentioning it Unc.
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

I downloaded it but I am still using SMCFan Control and I like it so I am in no hurry to change
    Damien,

SMC is great....as long as your heat sensors are still working correctly. If not....last time I checked.....it won't slow over-speed fans down.

FYI.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin