Thread: unable to log into user account

Default unable to log into user account

Okay, I have a new Macbook pro operating under lion, I also have a 2006 Macpro. I decided to beef up my Macpro with a couple of 1tb hd's and an ssd drive, 1tb HD to work on 1tb HD to store on and the ssd to run the systems on, cool.

Being that my macbook is only a month old and really doesn't have a lot of history stored info all opver it, I decided to migrate by hitching my Macbook pro to my Macpro via target mode, I then used superduper to broker the deal and transfer my os and apps to the ssd, fine no problem

Now here comes the fun part, I then tried to reboot using the ssd, uh oh, grey screen w/apple asking for my user acct password, okay, I actually put the wrong one in and got the booty shake, next I corrected it, no shake the grey spinning wheel. About a minute later I got "unable to log into the user acct at this time", login to the acct failed because an error occurred.

I guess my question is, "which user acct"

Open to suggestions

Should be the same credentials. If not, you can reset the PW via the recovery partition PW reset tool.

If it is not a PW reset issue......dunno. Perhaps the LDAP account or home directory is wonky after the cloning.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Thanks mate,

I was able to find and resolve the problem! It was that when I migrated, I did not migrate everything as I had thought. My whole user's was missing so, I just cleaned out the drive and re-migrated.

Thanks for stepping up though, I do appreciate. Also, if you speak to Rick, you might mention to him that the drives are working great, and I hope he has a bumper crop to harvest.

Gary

Glad you got it resolved!
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin