Thread: flip internal HD to external??

Default flip internal HD to external??

Good morning all,

I was going to buy the retina, then due to inability to upgrade decided on the 2.3 GHZ 15". I then dropped in 16gigs of ram and now I am going to ddrop in a 750GB Seagate Momentus XT 2.5" 7200RPM / Solid State Hybrid SATA (Serial-ATA) Drive, This is one fast HD.

Now I have one fast little ol mac with 16gigs ram as opposed to the recomended 8, a hybrid HD with a 8 gig ssd and my question is "how do I convert the internal HD that I am taking out, to be a great little external hd", what is the best either firewire 800 or usb 3 external case that I can place it in?

Your help is greatly appreciated

tks Gary

Virginia... where one Democrat CAN make a difference

Damien,

I can't wait to hear how the Hybrid works for you. At one time they were a real problem on Macs. But been a while since I had a conversation about them. Tell us all about it when you do the deed, including your experiences cracking open the MBP.

Rick
    molṑn labe'
    "I am a mortal enemy to arbitrary government and unlimited power. I am naturally very jealous for the rights and liberties of my country, and the least encroachment of those invaluable privileges is apt to make my blood boil."
--Ben Franklin

Thumbs up that little case Damien recommended is great

I have two of them...flawless!
    Tom Babb

Have seen a few recent Macs with Hybrids, and have a coworker with one. All have been very good so far.......

Enjoy the new rig!
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin