Thread: Removing/deleting the "faces" in iPhoto 09'

Default Removing/deleting the "faces" in iPhoto 09'

I searched around the net some and found this...

Quit, remove the files “faces_blob.db” and “faces.db” from the iPhoto library, and restart. Should do the trick.

I found a few things. I don't see the above file but several said it worked. I want both the faces and anything related gone. I started it but never use it.

Deleting the face in the app won't get it all if I read right - right?
    Any ideas or thoughts. Running Lion

I have about 9,000 photos in 25 events and it's slow opening.

Thumbs up Fixed

FWIW... This worked fine to remove all the faces...

Quit, remove the files “faces_blob.db” and “faces.db” from the iPhoto library. Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Standard warning: Don't change anything in the iPhoto Library Folder via the Finder or any other application. iPhoto depends on the structure as well as the contents of this folder. Moving things, renaming things or otherwise making changes will prevent iPhoto from working and could even cause you to damage or lose your photos. 

Randy

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info.
    "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining." -- Jef Raskin

Default A closing

After doing this iPhoto first goes through the process of scanning photos to be ready for iPhoto and can take a while. You can shut it off or let it run in the background.

iPhoto did not get any faster. It seems to be a Snow Leopard 10.6 vs Lion 10.7 issue. Because it opens and ready without a spinning beachball in 10.6 but not 10.7

I don't remember where, I thnk I ws searching about my slow iPad, and found that iPhoto09s slowness is fixed with . . . . . iPhoto11, figures.